Buy Unleashing Colter's Hell, Lost Cause, and Need To Know three of Amazon's top selling national park thrillers today!

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2015 New Year's Resolutions

john.schultz
With 2015 only a week old its a good time to set goals for the upcoming 12 months. Specifically, goals related to my writing and publishing.  2014 was a outstanding year for Park Thrillers. We saw continued sales of Unleashing Colter's Hell, the release of Lost Cause, a Spokane book signing, and my national park presentation before the Spokane TEDx conference.

2015 is positioned to be even better than the last.  That said, I've learned to get somewhere one needs to set a course.  So, here are my top three resolutions/goals for the next year.

1. Set book sales record.  2014 was a record year for Park Thriller sales.  Unleashing Colter's Hell continued to fly of Amazon's shelves, while Lost Cause had a strong release.  However, sales can be better.  This next year will be focused on promoting these novels through social media, traditional media, events, and book signings. 

2. Finish first draft of Need to Know.  While I will focus on promoting my current novels, one of my major goals is to get a first draft of the next Grayson Cole novel finished by December.  I'm shooting for a 2016 release of Need to Know to coincide with the Park Service's 100 anniversary.

3. Read more thrillers and improve my writing skills.  This past year I read nearly 20 books.  Many of these were non-fiction history books that provide background for my next novel.  This next year, I will focus on reading more thrillers to expand my understanding of other writing styles and techniques. I've already collected a half dozen to read.

What are your writing goals for the next year?

###

If you haven't already, get your copies of Unleashing Colter's Hell and Lost Cause here.


No comments:

Post a Comment